Thursday, June 1, 2017

Heathers

Heathers (Michael Lehmann, 1988)
Click here for the basics
Image result for heathers film
Rating: Q=5, P=6 / Average OJ
Scale 1=2, Scale 2=3, Scale 3=3, Scale 4=3

High School, Thriller, Comedy, Coming of Age, Dark

Movies about high school always entertain me, mostly because my high school experience was nothing like what the movies and shows (e.g. Freaks & Geeks) displayed. I didn't experience the clique culture and certainly never felt pressure to be popular or cool. I guess I just lucked out, because I know it existed around me. But Heathers is more than your regular high school movie. This one is crazy. All the angst and negativity you might have felt toward those students that bullied you or made your experience hellish has been funneled into Veronica Sawyer. And things get interesting really quickly when she meets someone even more angry than herself. Tons of symbolism, weird moments, and a great soundtrack.

--Don't understand the ratings? Click here