Monday, April 1, 2019

The Terminator & Terminator 2: Judgment Day

The Terminator (James Cameron, 1984)
Click here for the basics
Image result for terminator 1
Rating: Q=4, P=4 / Average OJ
Scale 1=2, Scale 2=2, Scale 3=2, Scale 4=2

Action, Science Fiction, Time Travel, Post-Apocalypse

My go-to film genre has never been "Action," but this one is a classic and I had only ever seen clips of this film, so I felt it was high time I watched it. It was mindless escape: lots and lots of chasing and shooting with a touch of science fiction. The causality stuff drove me crazy, but I still liked considering the concepts. I'd much rather watch The Time Machine or 12 Monkeys, though.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (James Cameron, 1991)
Click here for the basics
Image result for terminator 2
Rating: Q=4, P=3 / Average OJ
Scale 1=2, Scale 2=2, Scale 3=2, Scale 4=2

Action, Science Fiction, Time Travel, Post-Apocalypse

I did enjoy Terminator 2 just a little bit more than it's predecessor. Maybe because there was a little bit more emotion and emphasis on the philosophy/morality theme. But there is WAY more exploding and shooting and destruction in this one. I do really like the concept of a cyborg programmed to kill that is "taught" not to kill. Again, I had so many questions about causality that it became ridiculous...so don't try to figure the logic out--there isn't any. 

--Don't understand the ratings? Click here