Monday, March 27, 2017

Stranger Things Season 1

Stranger Things Season 1 (The Duffer Brothers, 2016)
Click here for the basics
Image result for stranger things
Rating: DSQ=11, SP=7 / Decadence
Scale A=4, Scale B=3, Scale C=4, Scale D=3, Scale E=4

Retro, 1980s, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Thriller


Not really sure why it took me so long to watch this. Everything about this show is refreshing, enjoyable, and escapist. Of course, those three elements make a successful TV series. I love that it is retro and makes homages to many 1980s pop culture. I love that the main characters are all nerdy kids. I love that it is weird and creepy and hilarious all rolled together. Even if you aren't that into science fiction or fantasy or horror, watch this show--there is so much more going on than those themes. I guarantee you'll like it.

--Don't understand the ratings? Click here