Saturday, December 30, 2017

Quiz Show

Quiz Show (Robert Redford, 1994)
Click here for the basics
Image result for quiz show film
Rating: Q=6, P=6 / Average OJ
Scale 1=3, Scale 2=3, Scale 3=3, Scale 4=3

Based on True Events, 1950s, Television, Law, Courtroom, Crime, Philosophical

I'm not sure how this one slipped my radar, but Quiz Show is a great film that I really enjoyed. I didn't live during the early days of television, but I know a little bit about the absolute hold shows had on people. This time gave birth to celebrity-ism and brought scandal to a whole new level.

I think I liked this film more for the philosophical/ethical issues it raised than the actual story line. It was interesting to see how people wrestle with truth vs. fact vs. fiction/entertainment. And the issues of race and class were also fascinating and disappointing. We are a strange species.

--Don't understand the ratings? Click here