Thursday, December 28, 2017

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, 2017)
Click here for the basics
Image result for star wars the last jedi
Rating: Q=7, P=6 / Can't Get Enough
Scale 1=4, Scale 2=3, Scale 3=3, Scale 4=3

Science Fantasy, Saga, Action

Compared to Episode VII, I was thoroughly impressed (see my previous post here). This Star Wars installment might be my favorite and the most "complete" story. The visuals were beautiful, awe-inspiring, and epic. Almost all the narrative questions I had in all the previous episodes were answered--finally! This was a perfect balance of nostalgia, character development, and potential. I think watching both Episode VII and VII together will be fantastic.

This story seems to be a beginning as much as an ending, which is a personal favorite kind of narrative strategy. Excited for more!

--Don't understand the ratings? Click here