Monday, May 13, 2019

Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express (Kenneth Branagh, 2017)
Click here for the basics
Image result for murder on the orient express
Rating: Q=5, P=4 / Average OJ
Scale 1=3, Scale 2=2, Scale 3=2, Scale 4=2

Mystery, Agatha Christie, Drama

I avoided watching this one for a while because I'm such an Agatha Christie fan--I didn't want to be disappointed. Sometimes when I see "All-star Cast" it results in a sub-par script or directing. Plus I have a hard time seeing anyone other than David Suchet as Hercules Poirot. But Kenneth Branagh's film is actually better than I expected. I watched the whole thing and didn't get irritated by much. Plus Kenneth Branagh also  plays a pretty good Poirot. The artistry is great and the film moves at a good pace. It was a nice escapist film and one I might watch again.

--Don't understand the ratings? Click here